Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to our blogging site for Maternal Health.  This site will provide us with an extra opportunity to provide interesting thoughts and develop discussions about what is happening in the world of maternal health and childbearing.  I will provide links which I feel are important to this course or may just be interesting articles that can be reflected on.  I want all of you to become familiar with the AWHONN home web page and what it has to offer.  The link to this website is www.awhonn.org. 
I want to provide this blog site as an opportunity for you to share your thoughts and opinions on maternal health-related issues.  Please be respectful of other peers as you post and reply to others.  This is an opportunity for you to travel outside the classroom so feel free to provide any interesting links or articles you come across!  I welcome all thoughts and discussions and look forward to reading everyone's posts.  I am going to leave you with a small article about the rates on teen pregnancy.  This is an important, ongoing issue in the world of maternal health and it is important that we continually address this.  Please visit the link to this website and provide and thoughts you may have!
thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/05/teen-pregnancy-rate-lowest-in-two-decades/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Great welcome. I took a look at the article and I was pleased to see the drop in teen pregnancy rates and I hope the trend continues.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, Try to make your links light up so your students can click on them and go to link. To do this just add a "space" after the link URL. When you put videos in embed them. I can help if you have problems. MAT

    ReplyDelete